Our research group at the University of Houston performs multi-disciplinary research on properties, behavior and performance of materials and systems spanning the length scales from atomistic level to the gross macroscale.
Current research topics include:
- Nanoscale piezoelectricity and generalized electromechanical couplings
- Coupling of strain to quantum mechanical behavior of quantum dots
- Self-assembly of nanostructures
- Energy storage and nanocapacitors
- Quantum definition of stress
- Surface energy, stress and elasticity